Advanced Evidence-Based Dentistry Workshop
Assessing the Quality of Evidence
Planning is currently underway for an early 2015 course. This page will be updated with details as they are confirmed.
The ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry offers a one-week intensive course on evidence-based dentistry (EBD); this advanced course was formerly offered as the ADA/Forsyth EBD Course.
Who should register
- The course is relevant to all dentists and members of the dental team, educators, researchers including practitioners involved in practice-based research networks (PBRNs) and other professionals involved in dentistry.
- The course is open to both US-based and international individuals.
The course covers the primary aspects of evidence-based dental practice, including:
- Implementing best evidence in clinical practice and teaching
- Asking precise, structured clinical questions
- Finding the best evidence via laptop computer
- Rapid critical reading and appraisal
- Clinical guidelines and recommendations
- Systematic reviews
Understanding clinical trial design
- Qualitative assessment
- Calculating and using odds ratios, risk reduction, relative risk, and numbers needed to treat to implement EBD in practice and teaching
- Information on navigating the ADA EBD Website and Critical Summaries of Systematic Reviews
- The course is a 5-day interactive program that includes a pre-assignment and multiple hands-on activities.
- Attendees will receive CE credits from the ADA.
- International applicants please note: The course will be offered only in English language; no simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
The American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The American Dental Association designates this activity for 35 continuing education credits.
The course instructors includethe following EBD experts:
- Richard Niederman,D.M.D., M.A.
- Derek Richards, B.D.S., M.Sc., DDPH, FDS (DPH)
- Elliot Abt, D.D.S., M.S., M.Sc.
- Julie Frantsve-Hawley, PhD, RDH
- Course tuition is $2,500 (ADA members will receive a 20% discount).
- Tuition includes course materials and lunch.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel and housing in Chicago.
The ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry has a two-fold vision: to disseminate the most current scientific evidence and to help dentists implement the current best evidence in practice. The Center has several ongoing programs to help dentists implement EBD, including the EBD Champions Conference, the ADA Evidence Reviewer Workshop, and the EBD website.
For more information about this Advanced EBD Workshop, contact the ADA Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry at firstname.lastname@example.org.